ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Gordon" <tim.gor...@allustra.com>
Subject RE: Can Ant do non-simplistic dependancy checking?
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:30:51 GMT
Use dependset - it's flexible enough for most things.

If you think that it's not advanced enough, then you can write a custom
selector - that way you could check an arbitrarily complex dependecy by
writing some Java code to select the files for you.

I've done this and it works great.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: webhiker@tiscali.fr [mailto:webhiker@tiscali.fr]
Sent: 11 April 2003 16:29
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: Can Ant do non-simplistic dependancy checking?

Our current project has been going well using standard time-stamp based
dependancy checking, but we have the need to implement
some real dependancy checking.
For example, checking not only Java<->Class dependancy, but also
recompiling any Java
files which depend on a given compiled file.

Is this possible using Ant?

Thanks
WH