ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lee Gwun Wai" <>
Subject RE: javac excludes problem
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 06:02:38 GMT
I'm not sure whether this may be relevant to your situation, but I notice
that if source that are to be compiled does an import for classes that are
in the excludes, the excluded sources get built along as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Max Spivak []
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 12:11 PM
To: ''
Subject: javac excludes problem

I'm trying to have javac exclude directories during compile. Here's the
relevant part of my build.xml:

	<target name="compile" depends="prepare">
		<javac destdir="${buildDir}" classpathref="classpath" listfiles="yes">
			<src path="${srcDir}"/>
			<exclude name="com/portal/appcenter/**"/>

Directory structure in ${srcDir} looks like

 - com
     - portal
          - app
          - appcenter
          - bas
          - common
          - pfc

However, even though I try to exclude com/portal/appcenter, it's still
getting built. The files are not listed, though, when listfiles="yes".

(This is with Ant 1.5.3)

I'd appreciate if you could CC your responses.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message