ant-user mailing list archives

From David McTavish <dmctav...@SANDVINE.com>
Subject RE: Conditional if/unless echo
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:26:29 GMT
where do I vote to add it to Ant?
D, can you maybe post your solution into the Bugzilla?  I think the
if/unless mechanism may better follow the "interface" for ant tasks than my
implementation. I think this would be a great add to Ant, and the cost is so
marginal (ie: 5 lines of code?). So long as the default behaviour is echo, I
can't comprehend why this wouldn't be a good addition.

d.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:DDevienne@lgc.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 10:19 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Conditional if/unless echo

The level attribute is not that useful... Most of the time, we want to debug
or be more verbose about our own build logic, for the purpose of build users
to see, not build writer. Thus, getting all the Ant verbose or debug output
is not suitable, since drowns the important build-writer-specified
information. This is why <echo> should have an if/unless attribute (I'd even
add a ifTrue attribute, like I demonstrated with my <echopath> task).

This is so simple and useful, I just don't get why people pushed back on it
several time before... --DD