ant-user mailing list archives

From "joshua rosenblatt" <jrosenbl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: java with fork=true produces IOException on UnixProcess.forkAndEx ec on solaris 8
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 12:18:24 GMT

>From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>
>To: user@ant.apache.org
>Subject: Re: java with fork=true produces IOException on
>UnixProcess.forkAndEx ec on solaris 8
>Date: 01 Apr 2003 09:21:49 +0200
>
>On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Joshua Rosenblatt <joshua.rosenblatt@csfb.com>
>wrote:
>
> > I have a problem with my build process.
>
>What happens if you run
>
>/sw/CRFS/java-std/THIRDPARTY_JDK/50_1_2/bin/solaris/jre/bin/java -classpath
>/home/jrosenbl/test Test 1 2
>
>from the command line?

The Test program runs just fine.  In fact (I don't have it here right now)
it does forks off a copy of itself using something like:
Runtime run = Runtime.getRuntime()
Process javaProc = run.exec("java Test 1 2");
BufferedReader read = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(javaProc.getInputStream()));

and it succesfully forks off a process no problem