ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Uptodate - need some help...
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 12:45:00 GMT
On Monday, April 7, 2003, at 07:38  PM, Ciramella, EJ wrote:
> One other point of interest is I'm one of FEW here that are ANT
> supporters,
> so getting additional third party jars for ANT (like ant contrib) is
> beyond
> the groups tolerance.

If you are in a Java development team and only a few support Ant...
wow.... I don't know how to comment on that except to say that Ant is
the defacto standard Java build tool and if a Java developer has not
embraced Ant then either 1) they are a one-person team that gets by
fine with an IDE, or 2) They have some make gurus on board, or 3) they
are insane.

Which is it?!  :)

> Am I just out of luck?

You don't need to put the ant-contrib JAR in ANT_HOME/lib for it to be
used.  Surely you are using other 3rd party JAR files to compile
against (servlet.jar/j2ee.jar, etc) that you are not deploying.  Simply
get the ant-contrib JAR in your version control system and point to it
appropriately with <taskdef>.

	Erik