ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Automatic stub generation
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:09:33 GMT
Well, sure, automatic documentation generation is always better than
hand-written one (when we do get there!), using XDoclet or whatever else (I
hear qdox is quite fast compared to xjavadocs...), but it doesn't change the
fact that matching task is a bad idea. Rmic and MatchingTask will stay there
for backward compatibility reason, and allows syntactic sugar I guess, but
it's far less explicit than composition, and still bloats the documentation.

But that's just me apparently. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 9:59 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Automatic stub generation

On Wednesday, April 23, 2003, at 10:49  AM, Dominique Devienne wrote:
> It's not documented in Ant 1.5.1 (the docs I'm looking at), but <rmic>,
> since extending MatchingTask, which was made into a SelectorContainer,
> thus
> accepts selectors. One you have your selector working, then simply use
> it
> within <rmic>.

Yeah, but XDoclet knows all!  Check the auto-generated Appendix E PDF
document.  The asterisk by <rmic> there means it is a MatchingTask and
at the beginning of that document it details all the
attributes/elements that are added to such tasks implicitly.  :)

Yet another example of why we need to work towards auto-generated
documentation.

	Erik