ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Automatic stub generation
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:49:32 GMT
It's not documented in Ant 1.5.1 (the docs I'm looking at), but <rmic>,
since extending MatchingTask, which was made into a SelectorContainer, thus
accepts selectors. One you have your selector working, then simply use it
within <rmic>.

Because <rmic> doesn't accept a nested <fileset>, where it's obvious one can
do <fileset refid="..." />, it's not evident it supports <fileset>, right!
Plus that tasks now needs to document all these attributes of <fileset> it
duplicates... Just one more example why composition is better than
inheritance in my book. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Tharp, Joshua L, SOLGV [mailto:jltharp@att.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 5:53 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Automatic stub generation

I've scanned the archives for my answer, but I haven't found a
satisfactory answer, so I'll pose the question myself...

I'm trying to automatically detect which files need to have RMI stubs
generated. I already have a comment in each file that requires
generation that I can search for. However, I haven't been able to figure
out how to use a combination of selectors, filesets, or whatever to
specify which files need RMI stubs generated. I did something similar to
this with make on Solaris with a little grep > temp.file routine. Then I
took the list of files from that routine and ran them through rmic
(after changing the *.java path names to qualified class names). This
worked really well. I can use a selector to find the files with the
comments using ant... but then what?

Any help here would be appreciated,

Josh