ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Feature / Enhancement request
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:45:30 GMT
Did you write any custom selectors actually introspecting the class files,
or parsing the source files to determine whether to include them or not?

If yes, could you share them with the rest of us? That's something I'll need
to do pretty soon, and a head-start or a valid pre-existing solution would
be greatly appreciated ;-) Thanks, --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Gordon [mailto:tim.gordon@allustra.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 4:01 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Feature / Enhancement request

I've used custom selectors to veto the inclusion of .class files into any
ANT task which is FileSet based. This drives javac, jar, the whole shebang.
I've ended up with a build system that is really clean.

I agree that a well-layed-out package structure helps, but I don't agree
about having different trees for different tiers of the application. As you
move things between them (and you will) using things like IntelliJ (great
IDE) then you lose the change history if you use CVS (we do). I know that
this can be got around by actually moving the ,v files (in CVS), but
IntelliJ wont do this for you, AFAIK. It's just a limitation of using CVS,
AFAIK, and I hope it's something that Subversion will ultimately address
well if it's integrated into IntelliJ.

Tim