ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: PVCS and CVS
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 16:03:48 GMT
If you really want performance, then SVN is supposed to be very fast, but
the 1.0 release seems to be still a bit far away. SVN (SubVersion) is CVS
without the CVS wrinkles ;-)

We're using CVS here too (along with other CMs ;-), and it's going just
fine. You have to be careful about branching and especially merging, but it
works. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: philipborlin@discoverfinancial.com
[mailto:philipborlin@discoverfinancial.com]
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 10:57 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: PVCS and CVS

We had 100s of developers(in different geographic locations) hitting a CVS
box and did just fine.  The box was located in Illinois and I was in Utah
and we had no wan issues, it was pretty fast.  We just switched to a
commercial version management solution (Harvest) and the performance is
horrible.  Also CVS integration with WSAD is top notch.

I think CVS should be just fine.

-Phil