ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Conditional if/unless echo
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:00:09 GMT
Ever used CppTasks Erik?

I have, and I'm so thankful if/unless is available in all and every elements
of <cc>. Cross-platform and even multi-configuration on the same platform
would simply be impossible without it.

I can't even being to imagine the spaghetti-Ant code that would be required,
nor the huge duplications involved, would I have to use *regular* Ant
conditional available at the target level only...

A less controversial change to only Task.java to allow a nested <condition>
was rejected already, so I know adding if/unless to every task will not fly
(since modifies so much code)...

More useful, and perhaps less controversial, would be to allow all nested
elements of type and tasks to have if/unless. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 9:45 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Conditional if/unless echo

I'm fine with a patch being applied that allows echo to use if/unless
attributes, provided, of course, that default behavior is kept.  +1

Get the patch in and apply it provided no other rejections to it.

As for adding if/unless to *every* task ... well, take that on over to
the dev list and start lobbying hard.  I would never need such
capability, personally.  But I cannot speak to what others desire.
It'll likely be a tough battle for that feature though.

	Erik