ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: How to read a file without the first n lines
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 14:28:46 GMT
If I remember correctly, the Unix head/tail also supported negative line
numbers, which allow to do what you want!?!? Either <head>/<tail> do
already, or they should be made to ;-) --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de [mailto:Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 9:24 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: How to read a file without the first n lines

I have problem:

I want to compare two files. I know that the first two lines differ (they
contain a timestamp), but that can be ignored.
So the content of lines three to n is interesting.

With <filterchain><head> I can read the first two lines and with
<filterchain><tail> I can read the last 'n' lines.
But I don´t know how many lines there are, so I can´t tell <tail> the number
of lines.

Any suggestions (besides writing my own Filter :-)

Thanks
Jan Matèrne