ant-user mailing list archives

From Denis N. Antonioli <antoni...@ifi.unizh.ch>
Subject Re: filter: Windows backslashes in a properties file
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 05:40:44 GMT

On Jeudi, avr 3, 2003, at 05:55 Europe/Zurich, John Lindwall wrote:

> My build.xml is copying a properties file and using a filterset to
> perform substitutions during the copy.
>
>     <copy file="${src.test.dir}/templates/LorTest.properties"
> todir="${build.test.dir}" filtering="yes">
>       <filterset>
>         <filter token="LOR_HOME" value="${basedir}"/>
>       </filterset>
>     </copy>
>
> On our Windows development machines ${basedir} is generally "D:\Lor".
>  The resulting file is properly substituted such that any occurrence
> of "@LOR_HOME@" is replaced with "D:\Lor".
>
> The output file is a properties file and when we load the properties
> at runtime this string is transformed to "D:Lor" -- note the missing
> backslash.  The resulting path is no good since it lacks that initial
> backslash.
>
> Is there some way to handle this issue nicely?

There are two solutions:
1) '\' is an escape character, so write it twice, as: "D:\\Lor"
2) use the unix separator '/', it works on NT too "`D:/Lor"

Best
	dna

--
SCSI is *NOT* magic. There are *fundamental technical reasons* why it
is necessary to sacrifice a young goat to your SCSI chain now and then.