ant-user mailing list archives

From Eric Dunn <ed...@merc-int.com>
Subject Design help
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 22:02:36 GMT
Hi,
     I am trying ot figure out how to do this correctly. I want to edit a .bat file, looking
for a specific
java call and adding a command line arguement, and something its command line specified classpath.

So I tried replaceregexp and I it works right, but if my customer runs it twice it has no
way to check if it
already made the change.

So I installed "Antelope" with its "if\else" tasks but it seems to check properties. I need
a property that
dynamically is set by perhaps some custom task like "FileContains(filename,searchstring" so
that the if\else
task in antelope can use it an decide whether to run my replaceregexpr.

Is this the right train of thought? Should I just write some monster custom ant task to just
read the file
myself, do java conditional logic, and insert if appropriate? I am pretty close to doing that.

Thanks,
Eric