ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject How to read a file without the first n lines
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 14:24:25 GMT
I have problem:

I want to compare two files. I know that the first two lines differ (they
contain a timestamp), but that can be ignored.
So the content of lines three to n is interesting.

With <filterchain><head> I can read the first two lines and with
<filterchain><tail> I can read the last 'n' lines.
But I don´t know how many lines there are, so I can´t tell <tail> the number
of lines.

Any suggestions (besides writing my own Filter :-)

Thanks
Jan Matèrne