ant-user mailing list archives

From Pellier Marc <arc...@onssapl.fgov.be>
Subject RE: includeAntRuntime
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:55:22 GMT
use fork attribute set with true
and set nesteed element classpath as you want

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Price [mailto:eprice@ptc.com]
Sent: mercredi 23 avril 2003 15:16
To: Ant Users List
Subject: includeAntRuntime

Hi,

If I understand correctly, the <javac> task inherits the contents of the
CLASSPATH environment variable (as well as any libraries in
$ANT_HOME/lib) indirectly from the Ant runtime.  Please stop me here if
I am wrong.

Quick question:

If I want to ensure that this environment variable is *not* inherited
(so I can be assured that I am not inadvertently depending on any
CLASSPATH settings that exist external to those specified in my build
file), what is the recommended solution?  At first I would have thought
that setting an explicit classpath to use would override any existing
classpath, but this appears to be true for <java>, not <javac>.  Looking
at the docs, I would assume it is the <javac> includeAntRuntime
attribute (set it to "no").

And, if so, are there any non-obvious drawbacks to doing so?

Thanks,

Erik