ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lopez, William" <>
Subject RE: Telnet woes
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 22:38:24 GMT

Thank you for the tip...that's what I did & it works..I'll have to look into
the ssh task.

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoine Levy-Lambert []
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2003 4:38 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Telnet woes

I do not know if this helps, but in the ant head revision (nightly builds)
there are ssh (Secure Shell) tasks. This is the way of the future.
Otherwise, you might want to write a file in your ant build file containing
the commands that you want to execute in your telnet session

put something like this fragment in your build.xml to generate your script :

<echo file="">
cd some_directory/some_subdir
run_some command

then you can ftp your across (have a look at the doc of the ftp
and first ftp this file, then run it through telnet. A bit twisted but might
work if you are saying that the connection