ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lopez, William" <william.lo...@eds.com>
Subject RE: NullPointerException while using MailLogger
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:50:08 GMT
...try setting the properties file like so,
-DMailLogger.properties.file=x.properties or look at the doco at
http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html then follow the "Loggers &
Listeners" link to see what the default and required properties are.

HTH,
-Will

-----Original Message-----
From: Ninad Shah [mailto:ninad_shah@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 11:50 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: NullPointerException while using MailLogger

Hello,I wanted to have a failure / success mail after each nightly build.
So, I included following lines in my build.bat file: set
JAVA_HOME=C:\j2sdk1.4.1_02 set ANT_HOME=..\tools\ant ../tools/ant/bin/ant
-verbose -listener org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger %* Unfortunately
the build went through but at the end while sending e-mail "ant" throws
following exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.DefaultLogger.printMessage(DefaultLogger.java:32
4)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.DefaultLogger.buildFinished(DefaultLogger.java:1
96)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger.buildFinished(MailLogger.jav
a:110)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.fireBuildFinished(Project.java:1871)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:196)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java:235)  Does anybody have
any idea why it is throwing this exception ? BTW I am using the latest
release of Ant - just downloaded. I tried this on Windows 2000 and Linux,
the result from both platform is same. Thanks in advance. Ninad