ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Nix" <Jeremy....@sfsltd.com>
Subject <IF> <ELSE> Task
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 15:28:58 GMT
I'm trying to create a build.xml that will build my application(s) to a
particular environment...local, test, production.  My first thought was
to create multiple tasks to do handle this, but I'm finding that its too
much repitition between tasks.  I found that all that was different
between the environments was properties files.  So, in light of this, I
created a single property that I specify the environment that I wish to
build to.  Then, I'd "like" to be able to check that property's value,
and then use the appropriate property files.  I've looked through the
latest API, and there is no test logic for properties that supports
this.  I believe there was a task named "test" that did what I describe,
but it appears to be removed at some point.  Is there any other targets
out there that will accomplish what I'm looking for?

Jeremy Nix
Senior Application Developer
Southwest Financial Ltd.
Jeremy.Nix@sfsltd.com