ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Kajsa" <Kajsa.Ander...@thomson.com>
Subject RE: Help, difficulty with path names in NT2000.
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 18:04:56 GMT
You might try:
exec.dir="&quot;D:\\Program Files\\Personal
Programs\\User5\\234\\Execs&quot;"

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Talebbeik [mailto:sam777t@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 12:49 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Help, difficulty with path names in NT2000.

I am using Ant on NT2000 with Ant 1.4.1 and Java 1.3.1.
I have a NT path name property . I can not use the this path for
executing my binary. It seems like Ant does not like NT paths
with spaces in them. Here is the property value in the property file:

exec.dir="D:\\Program Files\\Personal Programs\\User5\\234\\Execs"

Here is how I try to execute in the build.xml:

<target name="execute" description="execute">
    <echo message="executing = ${exec.dir}"/>
    <exec dir="${exec.dir}" executable="program.exe" failonerror="yes">
    </exec>
</target>

I keep getting the message that the directory specified can not be found.
I have tried other schemes such as single quote, no quote, forward
slash etc. and all of them have failed so far. Does anyone have any ideas ?

    Thanks.