ant-user mailing list archives

From "North Alex" <Alex.No...@tapiola.fi>
Subject RE: ANT Inside IBM WebSphere Application Developer
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 12:51:28 GMT
Hi

Not a direct answer to your problem, but an alternative maybe ...

We also use WSAD and ANT but we do not want to update each WSAD
installation everytime we update ANT or an optional task that requires
new 3rd party libraries.  So we have a system of using an "external"
version of ANT and calling that from the one built into WSAD.  This has
led us to having common scripts as well, plus a very flexible system of
being able to use any ANT version and/or 3rd party tasks depending on
what we need to do.

It has worked very well for us so far and if you are interested, I can
expand on that quick description with some example snippets and more
detailed explanation.

<= Alex =>

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Tudor, Liviu @Cimage [mailto:LiviuT@cimage.com]
	Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 2:44 PM
	To: 'user@ant.apache.org'
	Subject: ANT Inside IBM WebSphere Application Developer

	Hi!
	I've run recently into all sorts of problems trying to update my
version of Ant inside WSAD v.4.1.0. I've followed Barry Searle's article
and renamed the old files, sticked the new ones in (well, there was no
antsupport.jar but I assume this is ok). Then I've modified the
plugin.xml file accordingly, restarted WSAD, and when clicking on the
"Run Ant..." item in the menu nothing happens. I then figured it that
the problem might be due to the fact that the new version of Ant is
using Xerces2 while WSAD still relies on an old version of Xerces, so
I've created a new org.apache.xerces2 plugin directory under plugins and
put in there the latest version of Xerces2. I've changed the plugin.xml
file for ant to include this plugin directory rather than the old one,
restarted again and still nothing happens when I select "Run Ant..."
from the menu. Has somebody got a definite list of what, where and how
needs modifying in order to get latest Ant running in WSAD? Barry's
article only spends a couple of lines on this issue and it doesn't seem
to be that simple.
	Thanks!

Liviu Tudor

Cimage Novasoft Limited
:www.cimagenovasoft.com <http://www.cimagenovasoft.com/>
+liviut@cimage.com
(Fax: +44 (0)1344 767701
(Direct Line: +44 (0)1344 767759
*Centennial Court, Easthampstead Road, Bracknell, BERKS, RG12 1JZ

Sun Java Certified Programmer
If you make something idiot-proof, the world will always create a better
idiot.