ant-user mailing list archives

From "North Alex" <Alex.No...@tapiola.fi>
Subject Inserting text at start of file
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 07:54:15 GMT
Hi

I want to insert a line of text (with CR LF at end) to the start of an
existing file.  There is no token to replace ... just a plain insert at
start.

I just can't seem to find any simple way of doing it.  I have come up
with a complicated-well-over-the-top way of copying files and using the
concat task.  While it's something that works, it's a ugly and I have a
feeling of reinventing the wheel in rock.  Upgrading ANT and/or
installing optional tasks is an option (currently using ANT 1.5.1).

Could someone point me in the right direction, please?

<= Alex =>