ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mehra, Vishal" <>
Subject RE: Standard Ant Build for WSAD 5.0
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:46:35 GMT
Call me naive, but I think we have a disconnect.

The behavior in WSAD 5.0 is slightly different. On clicking the "Running
Man",  I didn't see the "Ant Build" button/checkbox; maybe this is specific
to Eclipse 2.1. Anyhow, I clicked on "New", defined a new Tool and named it
"Ant", Tool location points to the runAnt.bat file inside the ant plugin for
WSAD, and also added few workspace resources on the Tool Argument text box.

If I understand correctly, even if get the above "Ant Tool" working, I am
still required to write a generic ANT script which will perform the same as
the WSAD rebuild project event does. i.e. developers would be still required
to write the ant script for compiling java classes, make jars, etc...
Additionally, in the arguments list, I didn't see any options to pass WSAD
classpath "var" and "jars" list. I think this is important, otherwise, each
time a classpath is changed in WSAD, a manual step is required to  modify
the ant file to incorporate this change.

Am I missing something here ?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 8:54 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Standard Ant Build for WSAD 5.0

Here is how you do it in Eclipse 2.1 so I would assume that it would be
similar in WSAD 5.0.

Under the Run Menu go to the External Tools submenu and select External
Tools... (It is also on the tool bar - the icon looks like a running man
with two rectangles on the top left).  Right click on Ant Build and select
new.  Select your ant script under location and set your base directory
under base directory.  There is no classpath to set up since it will use
the already set up project class paths.  The rest of the dialog should be
pretty self explanatory.

Good luck!

                      "Mehra, Vishal"

                      <vmehra@inovant.         To:
                      com>                     <>

                                               cc:      "Mehra, Vishal"
                      04/09/03 04:46           Subject: Standard Ant Build
for WSAD 5.0

                      Please respond

                      to "Ant Users

Recently, moved from JBuilder 6/7/8 to WSAD 5.0

Borland provides a generic ant build file, which takes jpx file as an input
and perform the task(s) using the properties defined by JBuilder and stored
in the .jpx file.

Is there a similar ant file for building WSAD 5.0 projects. (probably input
will be .classpath and other meta data information from WSAD)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: