ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: How to continue the build if a task fails?
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:10:19 GMT

Why don't you provide separate targets for deploy/undeploy and then even
another target which might be called "redeploy" which dependes on undeploy
and deploy.  That way, people can call "redeploy" if they want to do both
and then call only "deploy" or only "undeploy" when it suites their
needs.  BTW, why use "deploy/undeploy" rather than "install/remove".  The
latter is far more lightweight and much less "permanent" as the context is
not persited across restarts because the server.xml isn't physically
modified as the "deploy/undeploy" tasks do.  "install/remove" is *much*
easier for development purposes.

Jake