ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Deploys to work/Standalone/localhost... why?
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:03:59 GMT

Well, you are describing exactly what the "deploy" task is for.  If you are
using this for development purposes, you should use the "install" task
which doesn't persist the context after a Tomcat restart.  Instead, it just
mounts the directory which is the root of your just built webapp as a
running context in Tomcat.  It doesn't send any file anywhere and a simple
stop of Tomcat or the "remove" task gets rid of all traces that your app
was even running under Tomcat.  It is *much* more convenient for
development purposes than "deploy/undeploy".

Jake