ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Convention for laying out an ANT build script
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 14:30:31 GMT

You might try something like this...

http://vizant.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vizant/

Vizant is an Apache Ant task to visualize a buildfile using GraphViz or
other drawing tools.

     <target name="vizAnt">
         <taskdef name="vizant" classname="net.sourceforge.vizant.Vizant"
classpath="${jars.dir}/vizant.jar"/>
         <vizant antfile="build.xml" outfile="build.dot"/>
         <exec executable="dot" failifexecutionfails="false"
resultproperty="graphvizSuccess!"><arg line="-Tpng build.dot -o
build.png"/></exec>
         <fail unless="graphvizSuccess!">
         You probably need to install GraphViz which is a native program,
         not a Java library &gt;&gt;&gt;
http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/
         </fail>
     </target>

Note the native program that you also need to install to get this working.

Jake