ant-user mailing list archives

From Dick Cowan <rm.co...@verizon.net>
Subject Ant sub builds
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2003 18:11:43 GMT
I have a build.xml script in directory A. Under A is a directory B which
may contain zero or more directories which correspond to independent
contributed code. Under each of these contribution directories is a
build.xml script. Currently I'm using an explicit ant task on each of these
sub-directories and this works fine. The problem with this approach is that
for each newly added contribution I need to add another ant task to the
main build script.

What I'd really like to do is drive an task using apply with a fileset but
can't figure out how to do this?

I used apply with a fileset and a depth of 1 to discover all the proper
build.xml files. I fiddled with setting ant as the value of the executable
but then needed to be able to pass just the directory name where the
build.xml file was found by the fileset and this got ugly.

There is probably a really simple solution.

Any hints?

Thanks,

Dick