ant-user mailing list archives

From "Angelov, Rossen" <Rossen.Ange...@thomsonmedia.com>
Subject RE: getting IncompatibleClassChangeError when using java 1.4
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:56:23 GMT
We are using java 1.4.1 and just in case installed Ant 1.5.3 but the error
is still there.

If I just rename xercesImpl.jar the problem is gone, so Ant's parser is
really in conflict with crimson.

Is there another solution to this problem? I'm afraid somebody may have
problems with Ant when not using its own XML parsers.

Ross

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 1:19 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: getting IncompatibleClassChangeError when using java 1.4

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Rossen Angelov <Rossen.Angelov@thomsonmedia.com>
wrote:

> I'm using Apache Ant version 1.5.1 and when I set JAVA_Home to use
> java 1.4 for compiling, I'm getting the following error output:

Java 1.4 ships with an XML parser of its own (Crimson).  Which Java
version are you using exactly (i.e. 1.4.0 or 1.4.1)?

You should be able to remove all XML related jars from ANT_HOME/lib
and run with whatever is in your Java classlib.  Be aware that the
versions of the XML libraries that ship with Ant (especially the
parser) may very well be more recent than the stuff in Java's
classlib.

Stefan