ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: psychopaths.
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:59:43 GMT

http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=471917

> Can paths be declared outside targets? Up until now I've only been able
> to get them working when I've
> Placed them in an init target at the top of the file. Then all other
> targets must have this init target in their depends attribute.

Yes, <path id="..."> can be used anywhere.  Be sure that any properties
you may be using in that <path> already are set, and that any files you
may be referring to in a nested <fileset> already are there.

Got an example of it not working how you think it should?

	Erik