ant-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Conditionally passing property to <ant>
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:57:47 GMT
Hi folks,

I'd like to call another build file with a set of optional properties.
If defined, those properties point to directories. In addition, I cannot
use property inheritance.

The naive attempt

   <ant dir="${the.dir}" inheritAll="false">
     <property name="mydir" value="${mydir}"/>
   </ant>

works fine if 'mydir' has been defined, but of course fails when it
hasn't -- because the property is set to the literal ${mydir}. The
called script checks whether the property has been set, and only
executes some tasks if it has.

So what I'd need would basically be:

   <ant dir="${the.dir}" inheritAll="false">
     <property name="mydir" value="${mydir}" if="mydir"/>
   </ant>

Any ideas?

-chris