ant-user mailing list archives

From Nisha Pillai <>
Subject -J option <javac> task question
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 02:45:48 GMT
Apologies in advance if this has been asked and answered before.

Here is my problem :
 I have a large codebase, and I'm trying to compile using Ant. When
compiling using make and the javac compiler, I have to use the -J option
to the javac compiler to change the memory available to 128m, instead of
the standard 80m. I checked the docs and found the fork and
memoryMaximumSize options, and here is my target definition :

  <target name="compile" depends="init" description="compile the source " >
    <!-- Compile the java code from ${src} into ${build} -->
    <javac srcdir="${src}" destdir="${build}" debug="on" fork="yes"
      <fileset dir="${maindir}/external_jars" includes="**/*.jar"/>
      <pathelement path="${java.class.path}/"/>

For some reason, this doesn't work. Can anyone help?
- Nisha.

View raw message