ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Price <>
Subject Re: passing log4j.configuration <sysproperty>
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:22:26 GMT

Erik Price wrote:

> Just curious if there are any big gotchas to watch out for.  The only
> one I have found so far (testing on Win2k/Cygwin) is that, unlike the
> "location" attribute of <property>, the "value" attribute of a
> <sysproperty> does not evaluate its contents into a file path.

Doh!  Looks like I'm getting ahead of myself.  I couldn't find
<sysproperty> in the docs, so I didn't realize it until I read a little
further in JDWA, but there is indeed a "file" attribute of <sysproperty>
(as well as a "path" attribute).  I'm still not sure if it's going to
work, though, since Log4J is so picky about the value passed into
"log4j.configuration" system property (must be a URI, which on my
machine requires that it be prefixed by "file:").

View raw message