ant-user mailing list archives

From Vilya Harvey <vilya.har...@digitalsteps.com>
Subject Re: Conditional if/unless echo
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:36:12 GMT
peter reilly wrote:

>Hi  Vil,
>can you make a bugzilla bug report containing
>your patch.

I'll do so as soon as I have a free moment - things have been getting
pretty busy at work lately, with a deadline starting to loom. :-/

>Does it deal with the current tasks that have if/unless attributes
>(like fail).

In the (fairly simple) tests that I've done there are no problems with
these tasks. All of them seem to check the if/unless attributes as the
very first thing in their execute() methods, so there is no change in
semantics from moving the check out into the calling method (the
perform() method).

>Also, does it deal with adapted tasks (e.g. condition)

Yep, everything! Whether or not this is a good thing is open to debate.. :-)

>Peter
>On Thursday 10 April 2003 16:21, Vilya Harvey wrote:
>

>>Dominique Devienne wrote:
>>

>>>A less controversial change to only Task.java to allow a nested
>>><condition> was rejected already, so I know adding if/unless to every
>>>task will not fly (since modifies so much code)...
>>>

>>Actually, all it took to add if/unless to every task was a few simple
>>changes to Task.java: adding setter methods for the if and unless
>>attributes, and a fairly obvious change to the perform() method.
>>
>>I think I'll submit my code and see if I can get it accepted.
>>
>>Vil.

Vil
--
Vilya Harvey, Consultant
vilya.harvey@digitalsteps.com                 / digital steps /

--Disclaimer--

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential and/or legally
privileged. If you have received this email and you are not a named
addressee, please inform the sender at Digital Steps Ltd by phone on
+44 (0)1483 469 480 or by reply email and then delete the email from
your system. If you are not a named addressee you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email. Although
Digital Steps Ltd routinely screens for viruses, addressees should
check this email and any attachments for viruses. Digital Steps Ltd
makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this
email or any attachments.