ant-user mailing list archives

From Dean Hiller <dhil...@avaya.com>
Subject Re: can't look archives - Ant for C??
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:29:56 GMT
No, not looking for a converter.  The program doesn't even need to be
written in C.  I just would like to be able to write  a build.xml file
and get rid of all the make files that are currently used.  I can do
that myself.  I don't mind.  Just need a program.  I will try the
contrib.zip and see what that has.  thanks Dominique for that info.
    What I am hoping is this will speed up the build of our legacy
system.  I don't understand how it takes 5 hours to build a 50 meg
binary and I can build a 15 meg java binary in 10 minutes with ant.  I
think it has something to do with make files and the scripts.  I have a
feeling if those can be eliminated, the build can be improved
drastically.  The above statistics tell me the legacy is around 3.5
times bigger but takes 30 times as long to build.  Has anybody looked at
build performance before?
thanks,
Dean