ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Javac for big Projects with many errors
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:07:26 GMT

I concur; if you get errors of the time, you arent in control of your
build. The hard part is going from where you are now, to where you want
to be, usually in a timescale that is implausible unless conventional
thinking regarding the unidirectionality of time is in fact horribly
wrong :)

1. try setting up some continuous integration server like CruiseControl,
  to alert the world whenever code or tests fail after a check in.

2. use patterns/filesets to divide up your source into sections and
compile them in fragments

3. fix the bugs! There are no 'unimportant' errors. Maybe in the short
term, but never in the long term.

4. add more tests. If your code doesnt even compile, I suspect the test
process is going to be even less reliable.

-Steve