ant-user mailing list archives

From Melissa Hao <melissa....@oracle.com>
Subject antRunAsync and getting a background process to run indefinitely
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 23:25:42 GMT
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the antRunAsync workaround to work exactly the way I want.

I use antRunAsync to run a shell script called oc4j.sh.  The shell script is started asynchronously,
which is great.  The shell script spawns a java process in the background (eg, "java foo.bar
&").  I would like this java process to continue running after the ant process completes.
 Currently, the java process stops when the ant process stops.  Is there any way to get the
java process to run indefinitely?

--
thanks
Melissa