ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.tools.ant.BuildFileTest
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:26:25 GMT
Adam Jack wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have found myself highly dependent upon org.apache.tools.ant.BuildFileTest
> for writing unit tests for ant tasks, it is a beautiful thing. That said, I
> am struggling to find it in a distribution.
>
> Is this supported by ant, or not?
> Is this not meant for public usage, or was this an oversight?
> Ought it be in some lib/ant-testutil.jar somewhere?

You are free to use it, but there are no guarantees of backwards
compatibility across versions.

There has been a general consensus that we should make it into a
standalone jar (specific to ant versions, & with the 'no stability'
promise...nobody has sat down to make the changes to ant's build file to
do that, yet.

you could always rise to the challenge...