ant-user mailing list archives

From Sebastien Blanc <Sebastien.Bl...@alcatel.com>
Subject Re: Renaming a directory when the source directory is not known
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:45:44 GMT
ok. so you can do a move as u did, the only remaining pb beeing to dynamically get the name
of the directory for your archive into a property.
how about the dirname task ?
seb.

"Halstead, Chris" wrote:

> Seb - Thanks again for all your help.  Your example works just fine, but the problem
is that the source directory won't always be named 'foo'.  I need a way to do what the code
snippet below does without having to know that the directory is named 'foo' beforehand.

> What I'm trying to accomplish is this: when I extract a ZIP archive to the output dir
I end up with something like /output/archive-1.2.3.  I want to change it to be /output/archive
without having to know that the original was named 'archive-1.2.3'.