ant-user mailing list archives

From Sebastien Blanc <Sebastien.Bl...@alcatel.com>
Subject Re: Renaming a directory when the source directory is not known
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 22:08:01 GMT
no, paths are alrite too. how are u using your mapper then ?
seb.

"Halstead, Chris" wrote:

> I tried  <mapper type="glob" from="${output.dir}/*" to="${output.dir}/${target}"/>,
where ${target} is the name I want it to have.  This did nothing...does mapper only work with
files?

> -chris

when the original directory name is not known beforehand (or is variable), such as when unpacking
an archive with an arbitrary base directory.

> > e.g.:
> >
> > I unpack a ZIP archive to /some/dir and end up with /some/dir/foo/...
> >
> > I want to rename /some/dir/foo to /some/dir/bar, but I don't want to hard code a
reference to /some/dir/foo 'cuz it may change.