ant-user mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@houston.rr.com>
Subject Re: can't look archives - Ant for C??
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 01:23:29 GMT
> The <cc> tasks do track dependencies (#included files) for rebuilding
> when things change, but the only thing that speeds up the build is
> precompiled headers. I dont know if it handles those.

A few compilers (MSVC, BCC, ICL), but not gcc, inherit from
PrecompilingCCompiler and support precompiled headers using the
<precompile> element, it  There are definitely a lot of hoops that you
go through to get the benefit of precompiled headers, but there can be
a tremendous speedup.

gcc3 added support for precompiled headers, however there isn't a
compiler adapter for  gcc3 yet.