ant-user mailing list archives

From peter reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: What to do with $ separated inner classes of VAJ in the javac task?
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:27:15 GMT
In a build file you use the $ form:

examle:
      classname="org.apache.tools.ant.filters.FilterTest$CustomFilter"

On Friday 25 April 2003 16:09, Jesse Stockall wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 10:11, Bansemir, Carsten wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have several .jar files wich I need, when I want to compile with javac.
> > My Problem is that Visual Age for Java works with inner classes wich are
> > separated with a "$" (OuterClass$InnerClass), but the standard compiler
> > wants inner classes to be separated with a "." So is there a way to use
> > the VAJ Compiler, or better to automatically convert the
> > "platform-specific" (here VAJ is the platform) Dollarsigns to ,what Java
> > should be, platform-independent dots?
>
> Class files written to disk (or in a jar) use '$' to separate inner
> classes (Outer$Inner.class). When you reference the class name in code,
> or in a build file you use dotted notation (Outer.Inner).
In a build file you use the $ form:

examle:
      classname="org.apache.tools.ant.filters.FilterTest$CustomFilter"
but this is not the problem there..

javac does generate $ for inner classes and java uses them so there
should be no need for "conversion".  I used vaj a long long time ago (for
about a day) and I remember that it kept everthing internally.One had
to export stuff including source files, expliclly.

Peter