ant-user mailing list archives

From Sam Talebbeik <sam7...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Help, difficulty with path names in NT2000.
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:06:33 GMT
I am attempting to define the path in the property file and then use the
path in the build.xml file. I have to try what all of you have suggested
and see if I have any luck.

Meanwhile I also tried another way. I put the path of the executable in the
exec
built in task. This is what it looks:
<target name="checkout" description="checkout">
    <exec dir="D:\check_app\exe" executable="checkout.exe"
          failonerror="yes">
    </exec>
  </target>

I get the error=2 which means it could not find the command to execute it.
I know for sure that my executable is there.

If I put the executable in the same directory as build.xml then it works.
Doesn't the "dir" clause of the built in task "exec" point to the path
where the executable should be found ? Maybe I need to add the location of
the executable to the user's path on NT2000. Does anyone know how to do that ?

   Thanks.