ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninad Shah <ninad_s...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: NullPointerException while using MailLogger
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 19:25:11 GMT
Finally I was able to make it run. One silly mistake I made, on command line instead of -logger
option, I was supplying -listener option. Anyway, thanks for all your help. Ninad

"Lopez, William" <william.lopez@eds.com> wrote:Ninad:

Classpaths usually matter but I can't say at this point I don't know what os
your using or where this property is referencing to...maybe post the
relevant portion of your build file with the error...trying using the -debug
option it gives ya more than enough and has always (in my fail cases) given
me the line number where it failed. I use a bat file to kick off my ant job
with: ant -logger org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger
-DMailLogger.properties.file=mlogger.properties -debug. View the
installation notes in the doco it guides you set up but "${classpath}"
appears to be a property you think you have set but didn't...just a guess,
I'm an ant newbie so cross reference my advice to the doco or the other
knowledgeable folks on this list.

-Will

-----Original Message-----
From: Ninad Shah [mailto:ninad_shah@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 1:11 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: NullPointerException while using MailLogger

Thanks William for giving some pointers. I tried -D option but it didn't
work.My command line looks like
../tools/ant/bin/ant -verbose -listener
org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger
-DMailLogger.properties.file=wemsBuild.properties %* When I turned verbose
mode on, i found one warning from ant as follows: Property ${classpath} has
not been set Does this error matter ? BTW my properties file looks like:
MailLogger.mailhost=newman.beamreachnetworks.com
MailLogger.from=nshah@.beamreachnetworks.com
MailLogger.failure.to=nshah@.beamreachnetworks.com
MailLogger.success.to=nshah@.beamreachnetworks.com
Ninad
"Lopez, William" wrote:...try setting the properties
file like so, -DMailLogger.properties.file=x.properties or look at the doco
at http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html then follow the "Loggers &
Listeners" link to see what the default and required properties are.

HTH,
-Will