ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninad Shah <ninad_s...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: NullPointerException while using MailLogger
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:11:16 GMT
Thanks William for giving some pointers. I tried -D option but it didn't work.My command line
looks like
../tools/ant/bin/ant -verbose -listener org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger -DMailLogger.properties.file=wemsBuild.properties
%* When I turned verbose mode on, i found one warning from ant as follows:  Property ${classpath}
has not been set Does this error matter ? BTW my properties file looks like: MailLogger.mailhost=newman.beamreachnetworks.com
MailLogger.from=nshah@.beamreachnetworks.com
MailLogger.failure.to=nshah@.beamreachnetworks.com
MailLogger.success.to=nshah@.beamreachnetworks.com
Ninad
"Lopez, William" <william.lopez@eds.com> wrote:...try setting the properties file like
so,
-DMailLogger.properties.file=x.properties or look at the doco at
http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html then follow the "Loggers &
Listeners" link to see what the default and required properties are.

HTH,
-Will

-----Original Message-----
From: Ninad Shah [mailto:ninad_shah@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 11:50 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: NullPointerException while using MailLogger

Hello,I wanted to have a failure / success mail after each nightly build.
So, I included following lines in my build.bat file: set
JAVA_HOME=C:\j2sdk1.4.1_02 set ANT_HOME=..\tools\ant ../tools/ant/bin/ant
-verbose -listener org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger %* Unfortunately
the build went through but at the end while sending e-mail "ant" throws
following exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.tools.ant.DefaultLogger.printMessage(DefaultLogger.java:32
4)
at
org.apache.tools.ant.DefaultLogger.buildFinished(DefaultLogger.java:1
96)
at
org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger.buildFinished(MailLogger.jav
a:110)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.fireBuildFinished(Project.java:1871)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:196)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java:235) Does anybody have
any idea why it is throwing this exception ? BTW I am using the latest
release of Ant - just downloaded. I tried this on Windows 2000 and Linux,
the result from both platform is same. Thanks in advance. Ninad