ant-user mailing list archives

From Mike McNally ...@works.com>
Subject Re: Passing changing values from script to ant
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:49:38 GMT
> I'm relying on an xml file describing my build. I parse this
> xml in a beanshell script task thru the Xerces impl. of the
> DOM api

My build also uses my own XML description, but I translate it to
an Ant build file via the Ant <xslt> task.  Instead of having my
own code try to programmatically wrestle with Ant code directly,
I generate Ant targets and tasks with whatever parameters are
appropriate, and let Ant run as it wants (via a call to <ant>
after the pre-build has generated the actual build file).  Much
easier.

--
[ you are my main foo ] Mike McNally -- m5@works.com