ant-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: Can i call execute() on a std task from within a custom task?
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2003 00:30:34 GMT
On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 07:22:53PM +0200, Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
> I wonder whether it is not possible to what you want without custom tasks.
> One possibility (untested) would be using the ant-contrib
> on top of ant.
> There is there a foreach task. If you write the list of jarfiles that you
> want to generate in a property file in a format which is
> recognized as list by foreach, then you could just run antcall on a generic
> jar target passing the name of the jar file and the files to be included as
> parameters.

Hi Antoine.  Thanks for your reply.

I was thinking about using the ant-contrib library, however i wanted to
keep it to either core tasks or ones that I have control over (my own
custom tasks).

> If there is a limitative list of jar files that you may want to create in
> your build, you can also make normal ant targets for each of a, b, c and
> d.jar and create properties such as a.jar.desired, b.jar.desired,
> c.jar.desired, d.jar.desired in your property file

Unfortunately, this is something i must avoid.  Since i won't know
until runtime what jar files are to be created.

> > Is it legal to call the Java API "execute()" method on a standard task
> > from within a custom task?
> >
> Yes this is legal
> grep in ant for getProject().createTask() to see how this is done

Thank you.

View raw message