ant-user mailing list archives

From Richard Hill <RH...@classmates.com>
Subject Ant 1.5 java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 02:31:42 GMT
Hi,
I'm running a build file that calls up to 40 other ant files in series.

<target name="test" depends="clean">
    <ant antfile="test1.xml"/>
    <ant antfile="test2.xml"/>
      .
      .
    <ant antfile="test40.xml"/>
</target>

The problem is that I get the following error get to the 32n'd test:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
        <<no stack trace available>>
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
        <<no stack trace available>>

I'm running Ant 1.5 and java 1.3.1_04 on both Linux RH 8, and Win2K. My
linux box has 1.9GB of swap, and 1006MB memory.

I declared ANT_OPTS="-Xms128m -Xmx512m" in my .bashrc file...and I still get
this error (Can I declare this in my parent ant file? If so, how?)

Any suggestions on how to increase the memory?

Thanks,
Richard