ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ciramella, EJ" <ECirame...@emptoris.com>
Subject Ant replace task questions...
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 19:54:15 GMT
I'm having a little problem with a target I'm writing.  I want to look at
the deployment descriptors and if we are to turn on propagation, replace one
line with two and vice-versa.  I have the following "off" target.

<target name="off">
    <replace dir="." summary="true">
      <include name="toplink*.xml"/>
       <replacetoken>

<![CDATA[<update-propagation>Asynchronous</update-propagation>]]>
         	<![CDATA[</project-options>]]>
       </replacetoken>
       <replacevalue>
         <![CDATA[</project-options>]]>
       </replacevalue>
    </replace>
</target>

I see this message when run with -verbose -debug:

fileset: Setup scanner in dir D:\temp with patternSet{ includes:
[toplink*.xml] excludes: [] }
  [replace] Replacing in D:\temp\toplink-cmp-attachment.xml:
  [replace]
<update-propagation>Asynchronous</update-propagation>
  [replace]             </project-options>
  [replace]         -->
  [replace]          </project-options>
  [replace]
  [replace] Replacing in D:\temp\toplink-cmp-attachmentgroup.xml:
  [replace]
<update-propagation>Asynchronous</update-propagation>
  [replace]             </project-options>
  [replace]         -->
  [replace]          </project-options>
  [replace]
  [replace] Replaced 10 occurrences in 0 files.

So the string is found, but the files aren't modified.  Any suggestions?