ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ciramella, EJ" <ECirame...@emptoris.com>
Subject RE: Valid depends value
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2003 04:42:56 GMT
if you want this target to be executed according to a parameter, what I'd do
is have this target configured with an "unless" attribute.

Then in a property file, set the default behavior (true/false).  Then have a
condition statement that sets another property if the value in the property
file is set to true or false (depending on what you want to have happen).
Then you can always call the copyINT target.  To override the value set in
the property file, just use -Dname=value on the command line.

is INT an ever increasing/decreasing/fluctuating number?  Maybe a little
more background on what you're trying to do.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lopez, William [mailto:william.lopez@eds.com]
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 7:01 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Valid depends value

Hello:

I have a target defined as <target name="emailStop"
depends="init,copyMisc,${copy.envnt}">.

I have a property named copy.envnt that takes the value of the arg passed in
via the cmd line. So if "INT" is passed in copy.envnt resolves to copyINT
but it blows on the ${copy.envnt} in the depends value. How can I use the
cmd line arg to be used to build the target I want ant to call?

TIA,
-Will