ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ciramella, EJ" <ECirame...@emptoris.com>
Subject RE: Uptodate - need some help...
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 23:38:45 GMT
I should have put in more information...

These jars are ejb jars (one jar for each EJB).  So there is a little dance
that happens (moving the deployment descriptors from the ejb directory to a
ejbdir/META-INF directory, then jarring, then moving them back again).

Then I run the apply task against a directory that has all the ejb jars in
it which then out puts the compiled ejb into our lib directory (which also
houses all our third party jars).

So for each ejb, there is an entry similar to what you see here:

    <antcall target="build.jar" inheritRefs="true">
      <param name="bean.type" value="DataAccess"/>
      <param name="bean.name" value="WorkflowTask"/>
    </antcall>

The target that has the apply task in it is called at the end of the jarring
process.

Now I'd love to use the standard ejb targets in ANT, but because for
whatever reason, our developers have put all kinds of classes in the ejb
directory, the way the standard ejb targets work, some of these classes are
neglected (hence the current jarring procedure).

One other point of interest is I'm one of FEW here that are ANT supporters,
so getting additional third party jars for ANT (like ant contrib) is beyond
the groups tolerance.

Am I just out of luck?