ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tharp, Joshua L, SOLGV" <jlth...@att.com>
Subject RE: Design help
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 22:30:14 GMT
This is kind of a hack, but when you are modifying the bat file to place
your arguments, why not add a comment as well? Then later you can use a
fileset selector to see if the file contains your comment flag. If the
flag is present, then you have modified the file, if not, you haven't.

Josh

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Dunn [mailto:edunn@merc-int.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 3:21 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Design help

What is the definition of original though? Here is what you have
suggested as I understand it:

We have file A.
We know it is orginal at this point.
We run my script in your way.
I save A to some other place, let's call it B.
So the script runs, and it modifies A to what updates I want. Great!
But I will need to check whether I have created B every time I run the
script (i.e. it was only supposed to
create the backup B ONE time)

So inherently its the same problem, I need to do a test on a situation.
I basically need to know if the
condition "alreadyMadeUntouchableOriginalCopy" is true. Am I
understanding you wrong? Sorry if I am.

Thanks,
Eric